I had a special request to create some Poppy (from TROLLS) behavior contracts today (how fun!). I made some with some other TROLLS characters as well. Here’s my blurb about behavior contracts:
Behavior Contracts can be a really useful tool for caregivers to use when trying to increase or decrease a behavior. Some benefits include:
- Behavior contracts help caregivers and children keep track of the behavior and the reward.
- Kids can get involved in filling it out as the day goes by – this is motivating for them!
- You can modify them as time goes on by changing the reward or making it a little harder to earn the reward.
- Well-written behavior contracts have very specific expectations, so there’s no question as to whether a child earned the reward or not.
I have created six different TROLLS (and six with just Poppy) behavior contracts for parents to use. They are fill-in-the-blank so that you can insert your child’s name, specify what the goal behavior is, and specify a reward. These can also be used as chore charts – you’d just write chores in instead of a behavior.
- Try to use proactive language. Instead of “Krista will not swear,” use “Krista will use nice words all day.” Or instead of “Krista will not run,” use “Krista will walk” or “Krista will use walking feet.”
- BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE
- Preteach the contract to your child to make sure they understand it.
- There are contracts for filling in 3, 4, or 5 characters or boxes – decide how easy the behavior is going to be for your child, then pick one to start. If the goal is probably going to be very difficult, start with 3. If it’s going to be fairly easy, start with 5. You can always try it for a few days and adjust up or down if necessary.
- The “outline” contracts allow your child to color in 3, 4, or 5 TROLLS characters.
- The “box” contracts allow your child to fill in boxes (color in, check, start, or smiley face) nex to TROLLS characters.
TROLLS (multiple characters)
For the 3-character TROLLS box version, click here.
For the 4-character TROLLS box version, click here.
For the 5-character TROLLS box version, click here.
For the 3-character TROLLS OUTLINE version, click here.
For the 4-character TROLLS OUTLINE version, click here.
For the 5-character TROLLS OUTLINE version, click here.
For the 3-Poppy box version, click here.
For the 4-Poppy box version, click here.
For the 5-Poppy box version, click here.
For the 3-Poppy OUTLINE version, click here.
For the 4-Poppy OUTLINE version, click here.
For the 5-Poppy OUTLINE version, click here.